Friday, May 17, 2013

Welcome to Marc Cartwright Headshots.

Hello! My name is Marc Cartwright. Welcome to my first blog!

My intention for this blog is to supply a space for informative and helpful dialog about taking headshots, getting called in for acting work, auditioning... Basically anything having to do with becoming a working actor. I would also like to supply resources and information that I am always asked about. Commonly asked questions any actor needs to know the answers to.



First, I will introduce myself. I am a celebrity portrait and headshot photographer. (www.marccartwrightheadshots.com / www.marccartwright.com). I grew up in New York on Long Islands East End. In 1993, I moved to New York City where I attended NYU studying Semantics. While fulfilling an art requirement, I discovered photography and quickly realized that my love of the art was to become a life passion. Upon graduating NYU, I moved to California where I began acting in commercials and appeared in various print ads for clients such as Coca Cola and Tommy Hilfiger. 

In 2002, I was asked to appear on the cover of Instinct Magazine. During the whole process of shooting the cover, I talked with the photographer and began to see a career in photography as a tangible goal and not just a dream. 

I hope this blog inspires, gives resource and brings light to what can seem like a difficult business to conquer. And please, visit my headshots website at www.marccartwrightheadshots.com




1 comment: